The 2014 pitching season is upon us starting with the season opener March 15th in Perry. It has been a long and exceptionally cold Winter but we are starting to get some warm days. I hope everyone has some time to start practicing before next week’s tournament if you are like me you need the practice.
I also hope everyone has received the information about the Tournament of Champions Tournament that has been added to this year’s schedule. This Tournament is for any GHPA pitcher that won a NHPA sanctioned Class/Tournament in 2013. The Tournament will be held in Perry on March 29th. The deadline to enter and pay the $20 entry fee is March 15th. We will have the pitching schedule for those qualified to pitch ready by Saturday March 22nd. The Rules for the Tournament are listed below.
I hope to see everyone at many tournaments this year. Don’t forget to bring a friend and introduce them to our Great Sport.
1. Must win a NHPA Sanctioned Class or Tournament Between Jan 1st and December 31st of preceding year
2. Entries will be Pre‐Register
3. Must have paid their current years dues to pitch in the Tournament
4. The Tournament of Champions entry fee will be $20
5. Entries must be received no later than two weeks before the date of the Tournament.
6. Qualified Pitchers will be responsible for making sure their qualifying tournaments are reported to the Tournament of Champions Director
7. Classes will be formed using random draw to select each Class Pitcher
8. All Games will be pitched using 90% handicap
9. Games will be Cancellation scoring
10. All games will be 40 shoes with a tie remaining a tie
11. Pitchers will alternate pitching first at opposite ends with the Highest ranking pitcher pitching first to start the game
12. 1st Place ties in each class will be played off using the ladder style Playoff
13. The number of pitchers in each Class will be as even as possible with 6 to 8 pitchers in each class if possible
14. Only the Pitcher finishing in 1st place in each class will advance to the Championship Round.
15. The Championship Round will be Pitched using the same format as the Preliminary Round
16. All Pitchers advancing to the Final round will receive Prize money
17. The State will maintain a perpetual plaque with each years winner having a plate attached
18. The Pitcher finishing in 1st Place in the Championship round will be the Tournament of Champions Winner
19. The Tournament of Champions Winner will receive a Trophy or Plaque and a Tournament Champion Patch in addition to the Prize money
To all current Newsline subscribers:
With the beginning of e-Newsline in January of 2015 a decision had to be made regarding what to do with the current subscriptions that expire between now and the end of the year. All subscriptions that expire this year will have their expiration dates changed to December 1st 2014. That will give them free Newsline until the end of this year. Any new subscriptions will still be taken, but only one year subscriptions will be accepted. If you send in more than a one year subscription, no refund will be made at this time. At the NHPA convention in July we will discuss what to do with the subscriptions out two or more years, and if refunds will be made.
The 2014 Georgia Horseshoe Pitcher's Association Tournament Schedule has been placed on our Tournaments page. Make sure you take a look to see when and where we are pitching this year. We have a new club forming in Lawrenceville and will be holding a couple of tournaments there. Just as soon as I get the directions I will put the link online too. You will notice more color to the links on our tournaments to better clarify things. The tournaments once I post the results will be highlighted in the color of this sentence. Regularly scheduled tournaments will be listed in this color. Tournaments that do not count toward any Georgia Pitcher Awards will be in this color.